Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub-section names in sidebar menu

Here's an easy one, I'm sure I've done it before, but can't remember:

We're about to add more products in a few sections and sub-sections. We would like links to the sub-sections to appear in the left-hand menu whilst in the parent section.

In the products section, there's a fairly standard navigation down the left (Home, t&c, view cart, checkout) using HEADERGUIDE.

So far, the only thing I can think of is to hard-code it, but I'd rather not -please HELP!
    http://www.thegigrig.com/

Its an add-on from Norman isnt it?

Comment

Search the Forum and Advanced Guide for CHILDSECTIONS as Actinic can genrate such a list using assorted CHILDSECTIONS NETQUOTEVAR's.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman! That did the trick -I knew I'd seen it somewhere.

I needed to change the advanced guide's code a bit for our purposes and it occured to me that whilst finding the pChild of a section is easy, is there a mechanism for finding a 'pParent' or similar?

It would save me some grey cells, rather than always starting back at the top of the tree and working downwards.
        http://www.thegigrig.com/

Comment

Sorry for interrupting the thread folks but we've hardcoded our section list (for SE reasons), but I think it'd be handy if the subsection list appeared when browsing a particular section. This possible with a hard-coded section list?
          Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

George,

I am afraid that will not be possible with a hardcoded list, though I may be wrong, perhaps some clever javascript can do this for you.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X