Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disaster Recovery of v7 site?

Hi all

We are just reviewing our "Disaster Recovery" processes and would appreciate some advice.

If our main office burnt down tonight, what would I need off-site to ensure I could re-install our site onto a new computer the next day?

At present I copy my "Site 1" folder on a weekly basis and take this off site. I also do a Database Back-up and Site snap shot on a daily basis.

If I had a overnight sitesnapshot and a database back-up and a copy of the Site 1 folder from my C: drive, would I be able to re-install my site?

Paul
    KJ Beckett
    Men's Clothing & Accessories
    Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
    Bath, England
    Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
    Men's Fashion Blog

As long as all your files are placed in your Site1 folder then I think you should be ok.

I wouls also make sure you have a copy of the running version of the Actinic software and the licence key.

And, although this is proabably captured elsewhere, I would also keep a copy of the exported network settings and the security encryption key.

You might also want to keep a copy of your PC operating system elsewhere as well - if you had to replace the PC then you might not be able to get XP soon.

Comment

I'd have a second system setup off site (at home) and have this mirroring the main one. A exported snapshot is kept on an external drive or cd and the mirrored system is regularly updated from this snapshot.

A typical example is a laptop that is based at home, this also gives you the facility to work at home on the shop if you like and the reimport the shop onto the shop pc the next morning.

As Duncan says if everything is contained within your site1 folder, you only need a snapshot, this is the simplest and best solution IMO.

Comment

you only need a snapshot, this is the simplest and best solution IMO.
        Agreed - with the actinic licence key its all you need (I am sure you could get this from Actinic if you lost it)

Comment

Working...
        X