'Charity' coupon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Charity' coupon

Here's what I want to do, any idea how/if this could be implemented?

Lets say I want to give x% of the value of an order to a charity. The customer comes along and have a choice - they can pay (for example) the normal £50 for a £50 item as they do now, or if they wished they could still pay £50 for the £50 item but enter a coupon which means that x% of that £50 order goes to the charity (and by using coupons they could specifiy which charity if I expanded the scheme).

so what would need to happen would be that the user enters a coupon during the basket phase, but instead of giving them money off it doesn't change the totals at all. But what it does do is display a message in the basket which says something like "Thank you, £10.48 from this order will be paid to xyz charity". And that value would obviously change if items were added etc.

This means that they can see imediately at the basket stage how much money is going to the charity, and I see when I print the order out how much I need to give.

So really it need to be a coupon with a zero value as far as the calculations are concerned, but have a changing text value.

I'm not really sure if this is possible, or the best way to do it. I just wanted to help a local charity and I'm just thinking up ideas at this stage!

ps. I looked at page 54 of the guide but that's not what I want to do.
    John

Can't you just add a badge to say that x% of the sale goes to charity if they they specify so in a text box at the checkout or similar.

Comment

that would be easiest, but I just thought an actual updated figure in the basket/checkout would install more confidence in the customer (in the same way that having a money off coupon that takes the money off in the checkout is better than a message that says "yeah, we'll take the money off manually after you complete the transaction")

But it looks like it might just be too much for the actinic checkout to handle!
      John

Comment

Hi,

I don't think that this is possible in v7, however, there may be some PHP code that will do this in v8, although I'm not sure if we can relate it to a coupon code.
        Last edited by TraceyG; 20-Feb-2007, 11:54 AM. Reason: Didn't realise that this is for v7
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X