cant refresh site anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant refresh site anymore

all i did today was alter spelling in entire site, a tried a refresh and its crashing every time it reaches the sections.
    ive read on the forum somewhere that someone had a similar problem, and it turned out to be invalid characters for section names.
    a wonder if this is my problem.all my lower level sections are named with model numbers ie: BD725.html.
    is this a likley cause.

otherwise any other common cause would be appreciated..
    Simbo thanks you in advance again

update

not a server issue, cant perform a backup either. and when trying a network settings test also crashes.

Comment

Gary

What the error messages you are getting?

Snapshot the site so you have a copy of what you have done and revert it to a previous snapshot and see if the problem is the same. This will remove the possibility that the problem has come since your changes as it might be nothing to do with that.

When you fail the network settings test, what does it say?

The page name you have illustrated should be fine. Make sure you have no ampersands or funny characters in the names.

Comment

it gets worse lee

just realised the snapshot i attemted has corrupted the file as its only part written.
        i allways overwrite previous snapshot.

im not getting any errors(messages),
        same for snapshot, network test, upload, site refresh, it just stops responding.
        most puzzeling is during site refresh it will never crash at the same place, but allways crashes.

suport may be distant as i now dont have a snapshot, would a copy of site1 be the same difference.

so much for running addwords this weekend....

Comment

With no snapshot you could find yourself in real trouble. If you are not getting anyerror messages it may be something at your hosts failing or being intermittent. Can you ftp to the site ok, is your email working ok?

Although most people think thay have changed nothing since they last worked on the site, they usually have for something to just fail. Think hard what you have done since the last upload, if your hosting is still fine, it has to be something you have done.

Purge, refresh and compact the database and try a full refresh and see what happens.

Comment

site is back on line

spelling corrected,

i selected hide on website for the latest two sections a added, and managed to get through a complete refresh.
            these two sections are all i added since last refresh, must have some invalid characters in there but they dont jump out at me.
            still no joy with the snapshot though, crashes as soon as it starts to copy over.

Comment

thought

are block caps a no no, ie: http://www.tungstenblades.co.uk/acat...LAS_COPCO.html
              just a thought.. running out of fixable options.

Comment

The snapshot is probably failing for the same reason that it wont upload with the new sections. There must be something in them.

Start organising your snapshots now, you could have been really stuffed on this one. Call them "snapshot1702007" and create a library where you at least 2 or 3, done just rely on one, you are asking for trouble.

Comment

Working...
                X