X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zero Error Reply from IE

Actinic v7.06.
    Hosting Provider: ME2UWEB

I've recently been checking my site to see if it suffers from any errors after reading about the empty shopping cart problems. My site does suffer from this problem at random intervals but this is not my question.

I noticed a problem when adding a product to the shopping... Internet Explorer, as quick as a flash, produced an error saying 'Zero Error Reply'. If you click the IE back button and try again, it's fine, but I'm afraid customers may not do this.

Does anyone know of why this may happen, and can it be avoided?

error.err does not result in any errors from this.

Thanks
    Carlos.

Carlos,

Welcome to the community.

I have not seen this error before. Can you provide a link so that I can check this please. What version of IE are you on?

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce

Thank you for your response. I've only seen this happen on IE6 but it is very hard to spot, as it doesn't happen very often, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is a rare thing for all potential buyers out there.

A typical link to one of my product pages is Click here.

I've seen the problem happen when you add a product to the cart. I was wondering if it is because I am being too quick adding the product to the cart before the page may have finished loading.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Many thanks
      Carlos

Comment

Carlos,

I have not been able to replicate this on the site over yesterday and today. It most probably could be down to the reason attributed to causing the issue, but to be fair I cannot say for sure as like I mentioned earlier, I have not heard of this before.

I've tried IE6, IE7, FF, Opera and Netscape. If this does happen again and you can link a chain of events leading to the error happening, I would be very interested to hear about it.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce

I'll keep an eye out!

Carlos.

Comment

Working...
          X