Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fed up Old Bloke

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and as you might have guessed I'm asking for help.

I'm not a computer geek, just someone who runs a web site with an on-line shop attached. Last week my server was giving grief after three years of giving grief so I decided to change server to Fasthosts. The account has been set up with them and is now active but when I try to upload my V7 on-line shop by using all their defaults (via Advanced settings)(as supplied by them), I get so many errors I do not know where to begin.
    Fasthosts don't know what the problem is. When I bought V7 it patched over V5 and when uploading the V5/V7 combination there was problems then and it took many calls to Actinic to get it sorted. What was done I don't know as it was all done in the background.

So I'm sitting here, unable to upload my shop. What do I do? I could spend £270 on cover but that to me is way over the top...but cheap if I can't get my shop up and running again..but very expensive if the problem is in V7, if you get my drift. This should be so simple.

Can anyone help, anyone got any ideas?

If you can help and by phone, I'll call you back.

My site is www.arrowheaduk.com

I hope I hear from someone, i'm feeling very sorry for myself.

There are a few therads on fasthosts. Try this as a starter http://community.actinic.com/showthr...twork+settings

I am out of the office at the moment but if that does not help then feel free to call be this evening and I will see if I can help you.

Comment

Errors

hi there what errors messages do you get, have had similar problems in the past but able to over come most of them in the end

Comment

Export your network settings and post them in here, it undoubtedly seems far worse than it is. Forget what they have given you, the settings you need will be on this forum. Remove your user name and passwords when posting your settings.

Comment

The message comes in when at the very end of uploading shop *error at the merging files* stage.

I have just thumbed through all the posts concerning this and I'm none the wiser.

Thanks for your speedy replies folks, I'm very impressed!

Comment

If you post your network settings, you will more than likely be up and running for 2pm.

Comment

Thanks Leehack,

The upload fails at: merging incremental updates at the web site.
              The error message is: an error occured while sending the merge request.

I design and manufacture and shoot archery equipment..I'll be damned if I'm going to be beaten by either fasthosts or actinic....the challenge is ON!

I'll post my settings in a tick, when I find them!

Comment

it does that quite alot try refreshing the website rather than updating the website, and see what that does if your not already

Comment

Network - settings - export or something very similar. This will create a text file, which you can just copy over to here.

Comment

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
                    HTTPPROXYADDRESS
                    HTTPPROXYPORT 80
                    HTTPPROXYUSER
                    HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
                    FTPPROXYMODE 0
                    FTPPROXYADDRESS
                    FTPPROXYPORT 21
                    FTPPROXYUSER
                    FTPPROXYPASSWORD
                    SCRIPTID 1
                    SCRIPTEXT .pl
                    SMTPHOST smtp.fasthosts.co.uk
                    WEBSITEURL http://www.arrowheaduk.com
                    IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
                    USERELATIVECGIURLS false
                    PATHTOPERL c:\perl\bin
                    USEENHANCEFTP false
                    FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
                    FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
                    FTPSILENT false
                    FTPMAXRETRIES 3
                    FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
                    SMTPAUTHREQUIRED false
                    SMTPUSERNAME
                    SMTPPASSWORD
                    CATALOGURL http://www.arrowheaduk.com/acatalog/
                    CGIBINURL http://www.arrowheaduk.com/cgi-bin/
                    PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ./acatalog/
                    CODEBASE ./
                    FTPHOST 213.171.193.5
                    FTPUSERNAME
                    FTPPASSWORD
                    PATHTOCGIBIN htdocs/cgi-bin/
                    USEPASSIVEFTP true
                    FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/

Comment

First thing that stands out to me is this:

PATHTOPERL c:\perl\bin

try changing that to:

PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl

and see what happens.

If you can run a test (button towards the bottom of the screen from where you got these settings) and let us know what it says.

Can you confirm that the correct permissions have been set on the folders too?

Comment

Hi again Lee,

Where/how do I find the correct permissions folder? I have read about this but it means nothing to me?

david.

Comment

the saga continues...change the perl settings and it made no difference;
                          Error message came up as: *The directory specified as path from the CGI-BIN to catalog directory does not exist on web server.*

And when that box was closed another stated; *The script does not have permmission to write to the web site directory*...whatever all that means.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure what people use to change their permissions to be honest. I have Dreamweaver 8 which lets me do this myself, so it's never an issue for me.

Maybe speaking to the hosting company is the best way forward, ask them to change the permissions on the two folders, confirm that they both exist and also that scripting is allowed on the cgi-bin. Once you have those 3 things definitely in place, it will be much easier to solve the issue.

Comment

This may help http://community.actinic.com/showthr...twork+settings

Comment

Working...
                              X