Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Level Section Columns

Hello,

I am in the process of building a site using Actinic Catalog 6.

The top level section page (acatalog/index.html) is setup with both the "First Row Column Count" and the "Subsequent Row Column Count" set to three in order to display an image and some text about each top level sections.

This works fine if the number of top level section items is a multiple of three, and "fails gracefuly" where the number of sections is a multiple of three plus one (eg 4, 7, 10). However when the number of sections is a multiple of three plus 2 (eg 5, 8, 11), the last box displays centred in the remaining space.

An example of this can be seen on an Actinic site I found that is displaying products in a similar manner the the following URL: http://www.securesysteminsight.co.uk...artridges.html .

It would appear that Actinic loops until it sees the last section, allocates this section the remaining amount of space (66% in the instance where the layout looks aweful) and centres the code returned by Act_SectionLine.html (a small table in my case) in this space.

Ideally I would like Actinic to get to the last item and write it in a cell that is the width as the other cells (33% in my case) and then allocate all of the remaining space to a blank cell.

I would welcome any way of changing the way that actinic behaves or any work-arounds. I hope all of this makes sense, thanks in advance for your help.

Martin Smith
    Martin Smith
    <a href="http://www.cnx-solutions.com">Web Design Cornwall</a>

Why not add two sections (dummy) that contain special offers.

Change the section line template used by these templates so you dont have links
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Also, could you check that your Section Link Layout template begins with

<DIV ALIGN="LEFT">

as this will align the section link to the left hand side of the cell - rather than the centre.

Also, could you let me know what version of the software you are using. I just tried this on my 6.1.3 and (to my surprise) when using three columns with five section links, it laid them out correctly...

33% 33% 33%
      33% 66%

Comment

Working...
      X