Spooky - a full refresh uses an old, deleted, version of Act_Primary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spooky - a full refresh uses an old, deleted, version of Act_Primary

We found a new error on one of our sites today - two of the six main section pages (which contain thumbs of individual products) were showing as based on an old version of Act_Primary which was used before Christmas - complete with a Christmas delivery banner and a broken link where we had deleted a product since. The other sections were fine and the subsections/products in those two problem sections were also fine (even though "use parent" for layout).

We eventually fixed the problem by changing the current Act_Primary a little and doing a site upload which renewed all the pages based on Act_Primary. However, we have done a complete refresh since and the problem has come back!
    • The problem sections preview OK in Actinic
    • The layout template has been checked for both sections and is the same current version in the same location as the other OK sections
    • The previous version of Act_Primary no longer exists on the same PC
    • It is not a browser cache problem - we have deleted the problem section pages on site using Dreamweaver - they reappear when we do a site refresh

How come?

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

If that can be answered i'd be surprised, boy does that sound weird. Sounds like a glitch to me, probably unanswerable.

I'd compact the database, purge and refresh the site and select a different layout for the problem sections and then reapply the original one.

I'd love to see an answer to that one, i don't expect to see one though.

Comment

Make sure that your site1 folder (or whatever it's called) doesn't have an old copy of the page that should have been uploaded. There has been a problem in the past where copies of pages have ended up in the site1 folder and these are then uploaded instead of the newly created page.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Could be a hardcoded link to that `old` page, thus keeping it live in the eyes of the catalog?
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions guys. Mike - you win today's golden goat point - that would seem to have been the problem.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Working...
          X