External reference on the customer account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External reference on the customer account

I am running the US version of Actinic & Quickbooks.

I created a customer account in Actinic by clicking the "create customer account" button. I put "test" in the external reference field. This did not get transferred to Quickbooks.

So edited the customer account in Quickbooks, and put "NO TEST" in the customer account number. I imported the order again, but now even though the two fields had different information, the order from Actinic still became part of the customer in Quickbooks.

So I guess I don't understand the external reference field. I'm thinking of implementing customer loyalty discounts, but to do so I need to make very sure that all orders for a customer get assigned to the same account. I'll be using the history in QB to monitor customers to see when they hit the purchase levels for the discount. At that time, I'll assign them to a price group in Actinic.

So I guess my question is - how do I link the Actinic customer account with the QB customer accurately? Is the customer account number the correct field to use in QB.

From a QB perspective - the customer account field must be assigned manually, right? How are folks doing this - that is, what "formula" do you use to create the account?
    -------

Pat

I think that there might be a little bug in Actinic whereby when you create an account from an order the reference field is not transferred to the address details, if you look at the address details after creating an account from an order, the reference will be there but if you OK the changes and then open it up again, it will be gone - only on the invoice address.

A workaround is to then reassign the order to the same account, using the button on the customers tab, the reference will stick then.

Future orders received through the account will have the correct external reference set.

Can't comment on the QBPos side of things but if this is happening to you then it might explain your problems.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
    X