Associated Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Associated Products

I am associating the same product displayed in different sections by using components. The price and weight are in the main product that all the copies are associated to and all the copies are set to zero for both these fields, it looks ok when testing it online, is this right?

I'm don't think that you can link in weight from an associated product, but the price linking sounds correct. Have you ticked the boxes to select use associated product prices?

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

This sounds about right to me - and sorry to contradict you Jan but Actinic always brings in the weight from an associated product that you have linked to via a component.

Feel free to contradict me any time

Comment

Well fancy that :-) For those that don't know I wrote the code for most of the newer product linking (ie the new bits for V6) but not that bit!

Does it automatically link in anything else Chris?
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Nope - it automatically does weight, and then you have the options of name, price and tax status.

Chris

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I have applied the weight I want for all my "parent" products and put the others to zero and from the testing I have done it certainly seems successful. There was a definite problem if I left the field blank, I had to add a zero.

Comment

Associated Product Weight

I have used associated products to enable a buyer to choose between different pack sizes - which have different prices and weights. The component specifies 'associated product pricing' but although the correct prices are determined, the weights carried through to the order are not the weights on the associated product record (which from the preamble I assume they should be).

Any tips for a new member?

Thanks

David Firth

Comment

Hi David

The weight that is carried through should be the sum of the weight entered in the parent product and the weight of the associated product. If you want to take just the associated product's weight, set the weight of the parent product to 0.

Ben
                Ben Popplestone
                Ecommerce website software

Comment

Ben, thanks for your feedback, however weight in the parent product is blank since I only want to use the associated product weight in the calculating the shipping charges

Rgds

David

Comment

Ben, however when I specify weight zero in the parent (instead of space) then it works. A minor bug.

Rgds

David

Comment

Not a bug - it's a feature. If the weight field is left blank, then the default weight set in Shipping and Handling applies.
                      Ben Popplestone
                      Ecommerce website software

Comment

Working...
                      X