Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syntax / Object Expected Error

Hi there

I'm getting an error message for some of the pages in my product tree. It's strange because it's affected some sections but not all of them.

When I do get the report of an error a window pops up saying Syntax Error..... and refers to c:Program Files\Actinic V7\Sites\Site1\Preview html\p_index.html then I get a similar error message which is an 'object expected' error message. On these error pages my columns are all over the place. On the unaffected pages the products are neatly in their side by side columns (Smart) . I have noticed that the Right Bar Box Title has disappeared too on these problem pages.

The live website is unaffected at the moment as I noticed before an upload was done.

Is this problem down to the Primary Act file?

Have you confirmed that the sections with the problems have the same layouts selected and settings as the ones that are ok? i.e. they are identical. This will minimise the errors to being something to do with the data within (hopefully).

Comment

Hi Lee

I've taken a look and the Overall Layout and Section Layouts are already set as 'Use Parent' on the good and dodgy sections. Is that what you meant?

I've also exported the catalogue content into a csv, deleted the dodgy sections within the Product Tree, purged, compacted and then imported the catalogue content again but the error messages are still coming up

Comment

Hayley,

It looks like something to do with the data in the sections that have gone wonky. I would suggest raising a support ticket as they will need to see the import file you are using to see what is happening.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce, I think you're right, I will.

Ironically I've imported a section at a time and the ones that were wobbly when the whole csv was originally imported are fine and the section that was fine is the section causing the trouble. At least I've narrowed it down now.

Thanks again.

Hayley

Comment

Working...
          X