Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limiting shipping destinations

Hi,

Is it possible to limit some products from shipping destinations.

ill try to explain...

We ship to all European countries, however there are a few products we want to limit to UK only.

Is there a way of resticting this or do i just have to put this in the description ?

Thanks

Kez
    Reverse Osmosis Water Filters

One hack I have seen is to use shipping by weight and set the shipping matrix to not allow excess .. setting a high product weight trips the shipping tables and as excess is not allowed the the order is not able to be shipped. The UK tables are set with the weights set higher to allow for the heavier parcels.

There is probably a better way though .....

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Anyone with any other ideas ?

The one Jont mentioned wont work with how my shipping is set up.

Thanks

Comment

Any chance you can tell us how your shipping is set up? Without the full picture, you will offered solutions that are not suitable. Provide a screenshot of your shipping and there may be some other solutions.

Comment

See Attached.

the way i have done it is

UK to have shipping by weight
          EU to have set prices by weight - only 3 of them

But this does not stop people in the rest of the EU buying certain products on my site which we dont ship to EU

I need a way around this to all UK can buy the product but EU cant.
          Attached Files

Comment

Apart from the hack Jont mentioned (which i think would work for you) i cant see anyway you could do this with V7. With 8.05 imminent i'm sure the new shipping tables would easily cater for your needs.

Looks like a case of upgrading to V8 or sticking it in the description field as you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
              Apart from the hack Jont mentioned (which i think would work for you)
              My suggestion would mean re-building the matrix and boxing clever with your product weights.... it is not going to be an easy solution alas but it should work.

As Lee says, this has been a perennial issue with v7 which hopefully v8 will solve in an automated fashion

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
              X