Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Page titles when copying from one site to another

Hi folks
    I have a "main site", which i then use specific sections of for secondary sites - ie all my products are on the main site and then I copy, say the "binoculars" section to my binoculars site.
    Only trouble is when I copy from one site to another the Page Title tags do not copy over - obviously this is frustrating and can be pretty impractical putting them back in when we have over 1000 products !

Is there a setting somewhere, am I doing something wrong or is it just not possible to copy them over ?

The same is also true for the customvars we have set up not copying.

Many thanks for any help.
    Simon

How do you copy? Sounds like your situation is made to measure for the Heirarchical Export/ammend/Import procedure. That should let you keep your Customvars and page titles, while still changing descriptions etc (not sure why you would keep page titles though - would have expected those to be a desired change between sites).
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for the reply

I just use the copy/paste facility (right click, copy, right click, paste/paste sub-section etc)

I'm not sure what you mean by Heirarchical Export/ammend/Import procedure.

(Some titles do need to be changed, yes, but it was the fact that they were missing was the main issue really !)

Thanks

Comment

Within Actinic, go to help, then on the contents tab, look for the heading exporting and also the heading importing - the heirarchical options keep the entire section structure intact, and you can edit (carefully).
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
        X