Refer customers to a specific product using it code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refer customers to a specific product using it code

Is there any way I can refer a customer to a particular product by giving them the product code.

As a work around I have put :

!!<<noscript>>!!Product Code!!<</noscript>>!!

in the product description allowing searches based on product code but I would like to say to a customer visit this product using a code.

Perhaps giving them the URL and code and then they get redirected to the right page.

Any ideas?

If it is providing a link to someone say in an email or something then you might want to try something like:

http://www.mydomain.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss...W023&NOLOGIN=1

Basically ensure you change it to your domain, the cgi-bin you are using is correct and the FW023 is changed to the actual product reference used for that product.

Hope this helps....

Comment

Since the forum shortens URL's you should click the link above (you'll get a 404 Not Found but ignore that) and see what appears in your browsers address field.

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The Advanced User Guide has a some example code to use for setting up a form where people type in the product reference and then get taken to the product. See the section on 'Linking directly to a product'.

Comment

Thanks for the help - it works - sorry for not reading the advanced user manul before posting.

Comment

Working...
          X