Problem with perl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with perl

I have proble with instaling actinic cart on my server. I get cgi error but perl scriptts seems to work ok (some testing scripts). I have tried use /usr/bin/perl or usr/local/bin/perl but i still get error messages. Can someone help me ??

Windows or Linux?

What version of perl?

Have you downloaded the Advanced User Guide and read through the information contained in that for preparing your own server for Actinic?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Linux
      perl version: 5.8.7
      I have just read Advanced User Guide but i havent found anything that could help me. I've just got message that path to perl seems to be wrong

Comment

Is this your own server - that's how I read the original post - the AUG has info on how perl should be installed on your own server.

If it is hosted - who is the host?
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

yes it is my own server, i have instaled actinic on other server and when i just copy files from that it works with some issues but still, so i recon there is not issue with perl but when i watn to instal acninic usin actinic installer i can't go through testing procedure. strange

Comment

Hi,

I've just got message that path to perl seems to be wrong
            Are you running the configuration wizard? You may have to configure the settings manually in 'Advanced | Network Setup'.

I can't tell you what the path to perl shell is for your server as it depends on how you've set it up but the standard is '/usr/bin/perl'.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X