downloading order corrupts database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

downloading order corrupts database

When I try and download an order (which I have placed to test the website), I get an error that the order is corrupt and the option to skip or remove the order. Whichever I choose, once I close Actinic then try and re-open Actinic, there is an error message that the database is corrupted.

I've re-installed the MDAC thing from the Actinic disk then replaced the corrupted database with one from earlier in the day. Actinic will then open ok and all appears fine until trying to download an order when it all happens again.

Anybody with any ideas??

Thanks,
    Penny
    www.lavenderlifestyles.co.uk

Some further information for the corrupting database problem:

When trying to download the order the error message is- An unexpected database error occurred while reading the order.

When subsequently trying to open Actinic- Actinic failed to open the database DSN=ActinicCatalog7.
    The database may be corrupt or the version may be newer than expected.
    This prevents Actinic working.

The error was:

Cannot open database '(unknown)'. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.
    Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

When I looked in Control panel at the OBDC data sources, there are three Actinic entries. One is ActinicSimpleShipping, one is ActinicCatalog7 and the other is ActinicOriginal7

I have no idea what all this means!

Penny
    www.lavenderlifestyles.co.uk

Comment

I would recommend you raise a support ticket with Actinic to check your database or/and the orders on the server.

Have you tried manually moving (not deleting) orders on the server to see if other orders download ok. This would help to see if it is a database issue or a corrupt order issue.

Comment

Thanks, I may have to raise a support ticket. At the moment I'm in the process of uninstalling and re-installing Actinic. Another case of 'How Important is an Up To Date Backup'!!

When I chose the remove option during the attempt to download the orders, the orders which wouldn't download (all of them) were put in a .ordx file on the server. I've ftp'd these files down but then can't do anything with them. What kind of application is supposed to be able to unravel them? Notepad just gives gobbledegook.

Penny

Comment

Only the Actinic software can unencrypt the orders using your unique key.

Comment

How do I get Actinic to look at a file on my computer rather than download from the web? Or, on the web, how do I get it to try the ordx file rather than whichever file it usually goes for?

Comment

Actinic cannot look in your computer for the order files. Put the file back up on the server in the same place and rename the extension fom ordx to ord and try and download again.

Comment

That makes sense! Thank you, I'll give it a try. Just as soonas I finish re-installing Actinic.

Comment

For anybody who may have this problem in future, the solution lay with Windows: In control Panel there is something called ODBC Data Source Administrator. I went there, selected the Actinic database and chose configure/repair. I did this for all three of the Actinic databases listed then, as if by magic, was able to download orders again without mishap.

Comment

Working...
                  X