Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

navbar

I have changed these 2 html files

( Act_NavigationItem / Act_BrochureNavItem )

in the curves theme as i want it to display the image buttons rather than text links but it starts each button on a new row and makes my navigation bar about six lines long it should just place the buttons side by side or am i missing something...

Any help greatly appreciated.

Guessing......

I would look for <p> tags or <br> in the html files you changed and remove them

Comment

Navbar

nope tried that there are no <br> tags but there are <p> tags at the start and end but after removing them they just come back every time

Comment

There is an issue (bug) with some browsers (especially IE) where physical line breaks in the HTML cause line breaks in the rendered page instead of just being interpreted as white space. This could be the cause of your problem.

Since each navigation item is generated from a NavItem template, the preview version of your site probably has the these items listed on separate lines (and so hits the bug mentioned above).

Does the problem also occur on an uploaded page?
        Do you have the Compact HTML option checked (Design Options|Miscellaneous)? This option removes all the extra guff, including link breaks, and therefore may solve the problem in the real site pages.
        Chris Brown

Comment

I would copy the files 'Act_NavigationItem.html', 'Act_BrochureNavItem.html' and 'Act_BrochureDisabledNavItem.html' from 'Actinic Ecommerce v6\Formats\themes\Layout1' into your 'Site1' folder as these are designed to insert navigation images side by side.

Comment

Working...
          X