First Timer Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Timer Questions

Hi, I have jsut been approached by an existing customer to move and modify an actinic installation and have some basic questions to help me write my initial report on the job. I am not sure if this is the best place to go but hey.

customer wants to change domains - do i have to do anything? is each install tied to 1 domain? any domain migration advice?

how do we find out what version of actinic the customer is using?

are there any modifications to search engine optimise actinic ie make the urls search engine friendly etc?

1. Actinic is licenced to one Domain name and cannot normally be transfered to another.
    2. The Actinic version can be read from within th eActinic software - Help | About.
    3. Actinic works well out of the box for SEO, but to optimise it you will need good knowledge of how Actinic works.

Comment

Thanks for your response.

Does it support seo urls out of the box or is that what you mean needs changing with good product knowledge.

Comment

All the product pages are static and generated offline and uploaded. The pages are all built using design layouts. The standard themes that the software comes with fair well with SEO as they are, some better than others. Most developers/designers prefer to create their own designs in DW and add the Actinic component parts - hence to optimize your own design you need to know how these building blocks go together.

Have a search for SEO and similar on the forum you'll lots of discussions.

Comment

Working...
        X