Upload button and Site Refresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload button and Site Refresh

My Upload and download buttons, and also Web>Refresh Website have decided to stop working.

When you click them, nothing happens, then after about 5 seconds the curser changes rapidly between pointer/hourglass and this behaviour continues indefinately.

This only happens on one of my sites, the others work as normal.

The network settings for the site that doesnt work pass the test.

Using Developer v7.0.6

Any ideas on how to get them back to work?

You should first get your networks test to pass correctly. Can you perhaps compare your network settings from one site the other?

Comment

Already mentioned that, yes they pass without a problem.

They are the same as other site on that server.

I dont think its a network settings issue, if the setting were wrong Actinic would throw up an error message when you clicked the upload button wouldnt it?

Nothing whatsoever happens when you click either upload/download and refresh. No popup window, no error message, nothing.

Its as if a button has been put in an application but no code written behind it. A problem with the actual application itself.

Comment

This might be wrth checking: Business Settings | Option tab - Allow on this PC.

Comment

All ticked

Comment

I would suggest raising a support ticket at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce, just sent PM.

Comment

Same Error with Upload / Refresh Button

I have experienced the same problem with the Upload / Refresh button on one of our sites. Has this problem been resolved yet?

If it has could you let me know how to fix the error.

Many Thanks

Comment

Mark,

Please raise a support ticket @ http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

I have already submitted the falut with Actinic yesterday. I have not heard back from them yet. This problem is starting to become a real urgent issue as we cannot upload the site that is already experiencing problems.

Comment

Hi,

This is just started to happen on a clients machine aswell, the upload works fine on our machines here but on their machine you click upload and all that happens is the cursor goes haywire..

The server is ruled out so has to be something client side. I have disabled AVG, is there anything else, has this been resolved.

Developer 7.06 Has to be somthing client side, please let me know if you got this resolved. all network setting etc have remained the same.

Cheers

Jez
                      --------------------
                      www.ProSite.co.uk

Comment

In the interim you may wish to try a command line download or/and upload as in the actinic help file such as:
                        "C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Catalog.exe" /d /u

Comment

Don't know if this will work for anyone else, but the fault Mark_Evo_Evans mentioned was fixed yesterday by doing the following:

- Export the network settings (Advanced Menu) from a site that was uploading OK.
                          - Export the network settings from the faulty site.
                          - Import the network settings from the OK site.
                          - Try to upload with the new settings. An error message appeared, regarding the .fil files. Click OK. The upload box came up, and began checking files. Click Cancel.
                          - Import the network settings from the faulty site. Make a change on the network settings (I checked the ignore passive ftp errors box) - I don't know if this helped or not. Click Apply. Click OK.
                          - Click Upload. The upload box came up, and began checking files.

Hope this helps someone else, although I'm not too sure why it should have worked.

Comment

Coral-

Perfect, all I did was export the settings and then re-import the same setting now the upload seems to be working fine.

Many thanks for the post.
                            --------------------
                            www.ProSite.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X