cannot upload my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot upload my site

Can anyone please help me. I cannot upload my site. I get an error message saying "The operation timed out". This happens between purging files and sending catalog files. The end result being that the navigation links on the left hand side of the page dont work and give an error "General script error" and also we cannot add anyhting to the shopping cart.

Our web hosts are looking into this but if anyone else could help then that would be great.

Many thanks for your time,

Graham

This happens between purging files and sending catalog files
    have you tried the website purge and refresh option from the troubleshoting menu? compact the database first, then do the purge and refresh.

if this fails, manually delete all cat and fil files from both the webserver and site1 and refresh.

Comment

After compacting and purging the site it also fails on a refresh and is now timing out on "Reviewing files".

I can delete the fil files from site 1 but I cannot see any Cat files here. Also can you let me know how I delete them from the webserver.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by thatscrafty
        Also can you let me know how I delete them from the webserver.
        You can use FTP program like for example SmartFTP Client to manage the files on your server. You can download it from the Internet and get FTP details (username and password) from your server people.

HTH
        Aneta

Comment

Can someone please let me know if the security catalog files are cat files.

Cheers

Graham

Comment

The cat files contain the data for your products.

What 'security' files are you looking for?
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Bill,

Thanks for the reply. I was having trouble up loading my site and was asked to delete all .fil, .pl, .pm and .cat files. The first 3 were obvious but I couldnt see any .cat files and was just wondering what they were incase I was being daft and they were right in front of me. The problem has now been fixed and we are now back on line.

Thanks for taking the trouble to try to help. If it wasnt for people like yourself helping others then I know that myself and probably a lot of other people would be pulling out their hair in frustration.

Cheers,

Graham

Comment

Working...
              X