123-reg offline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

123-reg offline

My site provider is 123-reg and has been down for a couple of days, up until yesterday they said the system would be restored shortly. Today its still not working but there is nothing on their 'status page' to say there is a problem. They do not respond to emails or phone calls - anyone know whats going on here?

When you say your site provider is down do you mean that your site is not working, ie not serving pages for 2 or more days?

Ive no idea whats going on but if that is the case you should be moving hosts.

1 hour of downtime is bad
    24 hours downtime is horrendous
    48 hours is just plain inexcusable, even if its Dec 25th and 26th.

My advice is find another host, even if they fix it by 9:05am today.

Comment

Originally posted by alewis
      My advice is find another host, even if they fix it by 9:05am today.
      My technical expertise is not up to changing hosts so hopefully it'll be back soon.

www.squidsin.co.uk

Comment

It's not hard if you are supported by the host you are moving to. The new site will have to be set up on the new account and that all depends on how your site is built, number of products, extra features (scripts) etc.. it will then need to propagate around the world. Some isp's will still take up to 24hours to do so. BT tends to be about 20 mins, pipex business takes nearer the full spell sometimes.
        Hope I am not telling you what you already know.
        Good luck
        jenny
        Hanson Web Design
        www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
        jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
        Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

I'm with 123-reg and so are a few of my clients. My own site is OK but one of my clients is suffering the same as you. I remember my own site went offline a few times a year or so ago but seems OK now. Hopefully should be back online again soon.
          Dave

Comment

Many thanks for those words of wisdom folks.

All seems to be fine now, February is not the busiest of periods so no real harm done. However it was a bit worrying after 2 days of emails and getting nowhere!

To phone 123 costs 50p a minute, maybe thats why they dont answer emails

Thanks again - Nigel.

PS thanks Jenny, I was concerned about changing to another host, and no - you are not telling me something I already know (all knowledge gratefully recieved)

Comment

Well I thought all was ok! but the shop pages are not working.

123 have told me to reload the site, but halfway through the upload it grinds to a stop with the following message;

**Unable to connect to the FTP server "hosting3.123-reg.co.uk". The FTP session was terminated**

So my website is back online, but of no use to my customers just what I need for the weekend!

Nigel

www.squidsin.co.uk
              Last edited by Nigel Smith; 02-Mar-2007, 05:20 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Try again!
                Hanson Web Design
                www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Managed to upload a bit more though a lot of the shop is missing

Not too much of a problem, as I can manualy replace and hopefully upload the missing sections.

Thanks Jenny (again!)

Nigel.

Comment

They have recovered backups from several days ago and are advising site owners to recover from thier own backups. With Actinic this will mean that the date stamps on the server will no longer match and will cause upload problems.

The best bet is to do a purge and refresh of the site rather than an upload.

Comment

Working...
                    X