Product html 'label' changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product html 'label' changing

I had just sorted out some direct product links which were working fine, here's an example -

http://www.crazydaves.co.uk/Lexmark-...tml#a1_2110906 (doesn't work)

Except now they don't work... I checked the source code and the labels seemed to have changed from starting with a1 to a3, so I have to change the links like so -

http://www.crazydaves.co.uk/Lexmark-...tml#a3_2110906 (does work)

So what changed in actinic that made these names change? And why are they such weird names in the first place - they don't look like names from my other sites...
    John

John,

Are you sure that the first link is not working? Yes, I did click on the link and could see the page as on the link, i cannot attach a screen grab because it is bigger than the allowed upload limit. I think this too is like some of the other issues you have been having.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Both links work for me also, however the first one takes you to the top of the page, wheras the second one takes you to a specific place on the page. It looks as though your anchor names has been changed, i thought they were the product refernce personally, in which case i can't see how that could change.

Are the troublesome products duplicates?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
        Both links work for me also, however the first one takes you to the top of the page, wheras the second one takes you to a specific place on the page. It looks as though your anchor names has been changed, i thought they were the product refernce personally, in which case i can't see how that could change.

Are the troublesome products duplicates?
        Yes that is exactly the problem - both links take you to the right page, but the #a bit on the end is supposed to take you to the specific product (in the example above the same product). If the #a label doesn't exist in the code then it dumps you at the top of the page as in the first example.

Yes it is the anchor code I'm talking about (sorry, didn't know the term for it), and yes they usually do look like the product code, and yes all the products on that page are duplicates...

I am just wary now about putting the links out there in case the anchors change again...
        John

Comment

This is due to these items being duplicates.

If you have a product with reference abcd then the main product uses anchor a1234. However the duplicates need different anchors (in case you have several on the same page) so they get a1_21abcd, a2_21abcd, etc.

Possibly you added / removed some other duplicates of these products which caused the renumbering.

You'd have to look at the source of the generated page to see which anchor to use.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X