BT user-bin not cgi-bin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT user-bin not cgi-bin

Hi everyone, I'm in the middle of trying to help a new customer get their Actinic website working after moving to a BT hosting package but have had a problem so far resolving their issues.

It relates to the cgi-bin and I've checked other threads on the forum but can't find anything directly relating to this problem. I've copied the site up onto another server and it works fine so i know it must be related to the config of the site or the permissions that BT have set. The main problem seems to be that when any perl pages are called it looks for them in the cgi-bin however BT have another folder which customer scripts go into, I think it was called cust-bin (within the /docs folder using FTP).

I did enter this path in the cgi-bin path within the FTP config, however the website still tries to go to luath.co.uk/cgi-bin instead of luath.co.uk/cust-bin and I can't see why as none of the fields in the config reference cgi-bin. I take it it is possible for Actinic to look into another folder for the scripts other than cgi-bin?

The site is live at luath.co.uk (click on the Books link to view the error) and I've duplicated it for now at arcaslinux.co.uk with a different config and it works fine. If you adjust the URL on luath.co.uk to cust-bin instead of cgi-bin then the 404 changes to a 500 server error so I'm not sure even if this issue is resolved then it still might not work. Is this an issue anyone else has come across or is there an obvious fix? If not then we're just going to move across to the working server (hosted by Fasthosts) but obviously an easier solution would be just to config the BT settings properly. Any help is appreciated.

You may be struggling with BT hosted Actinic sites - I looked at it previously and gave it up as a bad idea. They are so strict in what you can and can't do I just foresaw too many potential issues in hosting with them (and not all related to Actinic)

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
    X