Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newsletter Subscription Form

Hi there

We use RapidSmtp for our emarketing and I've loaded a newsletter subscription form http://www.cheapdies.co.uk/acatalog/Newsletter.html but the submit button doesn't seem to work.

I tried the exact same html in Front page to test it and the whole process works fine but when I put the html into actinic, with !!<<a href=" and
    </a>>!! surrounding the html and upload, the button seems to die a death !

It's bound to be something obvious but to the un-trained eye it's another matter ! Can anyone suggest any tweaking I need to do?

!!<<a href="<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="http://redirect.rapidsmtp.com/itjpdmgfcraadceubefsbvazczirdcinfhfmgmdigganhzhcdqcafgdvfhgwhehngaiuacewaqexhpbyjjbnadcfifhbbchgbyivjegvbmdohudagmgeaofmitbsjeasgxasbubnaucnjvazahgidybhbeckcuiafdjqhwiribjriyamdehmarcshijsitjndbdhdpgfbdfgcjcziueadrjliqgwjlbsfwdhcuhocyajitecgcambhdjhqgbblbaaegubicoihaadihphqjsfcbrgahnjbdddagrdcjtdkfzjlhvfacwjfdseyjbeqgxjqjvbqglcmbigsat">
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="4" bgcolor="#E0E0E0">
    <tr>
    <td>Email:</td>
    <td><INPUT NAME="Email" type="text" size="30" maxlength="30"></td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    <P><INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT> <INPUT TYPE=RESET>
    </FORM>
    </a>>!!

Just to say I have logged a Tech Support Query with RapidSmtp but I have a feeling it's something to to with Actinic and they may not be experts in that field.

Not like our buddies here !

Comment

I am not sure that my comment is correct, but I don't think you need the !!< and >!!. Try removing these expressions and having another go.

Regards

Chris

Comment

Why have you got:
        <a href=" .... </a> around your <form>?

EDIT - Playing with this with the FF developer toolbar it appears to work after removing the 'a' tags as above. (but I just ended up on the redirected rapidsmtp page)

Comment

Hi Doug

I didn't originally but then the html just appeared as text with no form.

I read somewhere on the forum that to get the program to recognise it as html you needed the !! marks.

If I take out the a href the redirection web address is visable to customers but the email box and buttons are there

Comment

If it's in a fragment then leave the !!< and >!! in.
            But you shouldn't need the a href.

Comment

Brilliant, thanks for the info.

I've done that and it's worked. I was cutting and pasting html from a downloadable pdf on another fragment so that's where the a ref came from.

Oooooh I'm learning so much !!! LOL

Comment

Working...
              X