'section_tree' is undefined & Object expected errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'section_tree' is undefined & Object expected errors

Please help. When I open Actinic. I get a series of errors that pop up. These are as follows:

Error 1: "Error generating HTML pages"

Error 2: An error has occurred in the script on this page.
    Line: 160
    Char: 4
    Error: 'section_tree' is undefined
    Code: 0
    URL: file:///c:/program%20files/Actinic%2020v7/Sites/Site1/PreviewHTML/P_SiteRoot.html

Error 3: An error has occurred in the script on this page.
    Line: 439
    Char: 5
    Error: Object expected
    URL: file:///c:/program%20files/Actinic%2020v7/Sites/Site1/PreviewHTML/P_SiteRoot_index.html

Error 4: An error has occurred in the script on this page.
    Line: 455
    Char: 7
    Error: Object expected
    URL: file:///c:/program%20files/Actinic%2020v7/Sites/Site1/PreviewHTML/P_SiteRoot_index.html

The URL is www.empressmills.co.uk however, these errors occur when LOADING actinic version 7 and do not effect the working of the site. No noticeably anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is not amazingly urgent, but it would be better sorted than left.

Kindest Regards and ten points in advance to the man that can!

Not a 10 point answer but it may be worth checking your site using Firefox as it is throwing up several errors which could well be related. Are you loading and calling the Javascript in the Act_Primary.html correctly?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Delete this from your template:
      <script language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript">
      document.write(YahooSections(section_tree))
      </script>

Using the FF Web Developer Toolbar (fantastic thing) and removing the code does not affect your navigation.

Do I get points now?

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
        Do I get points now?
        I know you can't ask for Goat Points but Proctor Points may be different

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
          I know you can't ask for Goat Points but Proctor Points may be different
          Unfortunately it didnt fix it... i cant offer the points

So its back to the panel...

Comment

You are missing one of the Actinic scripts from your head section, you should have:-

<script language="JavaScript" src="actiniccore.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <script language="JavaScript" src="actinicextras.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

and you only have:-

<script language="JavaScript" src="actiniccore.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

It may not clear all the errors but should help. Post back once you have amended that if it doesn't solve it.
            Cheers

David
            Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

10 Points to David

Hi David,

Cheers for that, that has cleared up the above issues, however I still have a couple of pending problems.

When I open Actinic it says "No Error Occured", followed by another error box saying "Error Generating HTML templates", followed again by an error looking like the previous one I was having problems with. This is as follows:

---------- BEGIN ERROR -----------

An error has occurred in the script page

Line: 767
              Char: 5
              Error: Object Unexpected
              URL: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Actinic%20v7/Sites/Site1/PreviewHTML/P_index.html

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page.

----------- END ERROR -----------

Some information that could help. This is the code mentioned in the above error.

----------- START CODE -----------

line 765 <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
              line 766 <!-- hide from old browsers
              line 767 document.write(getDateStrWithDOW())
              line 767 //-->
              line 768 </script>

----------- END CODE -----------

The help from this forum is legendary. I hope there's an answer out there for this!

Another ten points available for the lucky person who can solve my issues.

Regards and best wishes
              Tom

Comment

Tom,

I'm guessing here but is there not some other javascript that should also be included in your page to go with the above code? How does the page know what 'getDateStrWithDOW' is? Obviously this is custom javascript, perhaps there is another script you need to include in your head section?
                Cheers

David
                Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

David is storming into the lead with 20 points!

Hi David,

Nice one, you get that involved with a site like this that you forget about the date and time script you put in in the early days! Then I was going through my code... "what's this? that doesnt need to be there!" carried away getting rid of what I thought was causing a previous problem!

Anyway, muchos gracias.

However, when I open Actinic I still get "No Error Occurred" followed by "Error Generating HTML Pages"

What can Diamond Dave pull out the hat on this one? 30 points?

(im uploading the new version of the site to "www.northstardesign.co.uk/empress" as I type this. Should be done by now)

Comment

Sorry Tom, might have to pass it over to someone else now. Firefox does report one error on the page:-

Code:
                    Warning: Expected ':' but found '='.  Declaration dropped.
                    Source File: http://www.northstardesign.co.uk/empress/
                    Line: 0
                    but I'm not sure where it is referring to. First of all I would compact the databases, see if that clears the error. If not, maybe someone else has an idea? Have you tried removing the custom javascript entirely and seeing if that makes a difference? If not, it may be time to call support.
                    Cheers

David
                    Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

Code:
                      Warning: Expected ':' but found '='.  Declaration dropped.
                      Source File: http://www.northstardesign.co.uk/empress/
                      Line: 0
                      That will be a CSS error not a JS one
                      www.gbradley.co.uk
                      Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

Graham,

That's what I thought but normally Firefox would direct you to the relevant line in the CSS file, but on this occasion it doesn't. Maybe just a glitch.
                        Cheers

David
                        Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

Working...
                        X