Message for Norman Rouxel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message for Norman Rouxel

Hi Norman - I'm just putting a site together using V6 and again I will be using your scripts for putting images into the checkout phase (as you say, why is this not a standard feature of Actinic?)

I want to use images that are already the correct size and hence optimised to reduce bandwidth usage. These have a filename of refno_thumb.jpg

I also have a problem that on some of my pages I have several products but only one image, as the only difference between the products is their size. To do this I have not defined images for the 2nd+ images.

Have you got a version of your scripts that will do what I want to achieve?

TIA
    David
    Regards
    David

Attached are (much) simpler patches that implement unscaled images in the checkout. These use far less code than the scaled ones as they don't need to opens, read and analyse the jpg's to work out their dimensions.

As for your products that use the same image but have a different product reference there's no easy way to allow for this except to either

a) Make duplicate images but with filenames to match each product reference (and waste some bandwidth).

b) Use a subset of your product reference as the image match and amend the patches to suit. E.g. everything in a product reference up to (say) a dash woulod be used to match the image. So products abcd-01 and abcd-02 would both use image abcd.jpg.

Hope this helps . . . Norman

p.s. You can also show these in the search results if you need. I've another patch that does that.
    Attached Files
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman - you're a star !!!!
      Regards
      David

Comment

Working...
      X