<Actinic:NOTINB2B> reversed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<Actinic:NOTINB2B> reversed?

Is there a way that the logged in customers can see a message, but non-logged in customers can't? I know that <Actinic:NOTINB2B> allows non logged in customer to have a message that logged in customers don't see, but I need this the other way around.

Any help on this urgent matter would be greatly appreciated, as once I know this I can allow logged in customers to specify an alternative delivery address, but not for non logged in customers

The way I tackled this problem is to alter the fields in Design | Text that display the 'Now Serving .......''Current Account .......' and 'Welcome to the online catalog .......' to a custom message (the %s is the variable e.g. name or company).

This is a quick fix and I hope it helps. There was another method of doing this described in a post on this site a few weeks ago but I can't find it.

good luck

Richard

Comment

Thanks for your reply, but that doesn't really solve the problem that I have. I specifically need the NOTINB2B command reversed. Anybody else know how?

Comment

Hi David

Take a look at this article on the knowledge base.

Ben
        Ben Popplestone
        Ecommerce website software

Comment

Thanks Ben, but I've already seen that article. It didn't work for what I need it to.

What I'm doing is having the "Tick here if shipping to another location that the invoice address" box displayed only for registered customers.

The only way I can see of doing this, it to have the NOTINB2B reversed. I can allow non-registered customers to see this and hide it from registered customers (I've tested it and it works), but I can't do it the other way around.

Comment

Hi David

I've just remembered that there is a bug when using the SHOWFORPRICESCHEDULE XML tag in the checkout pages on the current version - it's due to be fixed in the next maintenance release. This would be the correct way of hiding the prompt and checkbox from unregistered customers, but at the moment they are shown a general script error.

Unfortunately, this is the only method of reversing the NOTINB2B tags.

Ben
            Ben Popplestone
            Ecommerce website software

Comment

can this be added to the wish-list? Preferably asap as it's an important part of what I need

Comment

The bug Ben mentioned should be fixed in the next maintenance release.

Comment

sorry for keep nagging but any idea on when that would be?

Comment

Nope - no specific dates are available.

Maintenance releases are normally released 2-3 months apart, and 6.1.3 has been out now for two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                    X