Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registration causing complaints

Hi,

On the request of my client I have put a registration product onto their web site.

However, there have been a number of complaints from customers about registering from customers and staff.

Would it be possible for Actinic to review this in their next release and come up with a way of creating a more user friendly registration system.

Kindest Regards

Richard

Hi Richard

If you let me know the specific complaints/ideas, I'll enter them on the wishlist.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Item 1
      It would be great if existing customers could change their password online. I get repeated requests for this feature.

Item 2
      Customers complain because registration must be added as a product to the shopping cart and is therefore subject to shipping charges and requests payment details. Several customers have requested a simple form to register.

Item 3
      I also get repeated requests for a fast order form, where customers simply enter the product codes they want and check out. Rather than searching.

Hope that some of these issues can be looked at in a future release.

Regards

Richard

Comment

Hi Richard

Thanks for the suggestions.
        Item 1
        It would be great if existing customers could change their password online. I get repeated requests for this feature.
        At the moment, the password is a value held in the offline database, so the password couldn't be changed in real time online. I've added it to the wishlist because there may be another way of handling it.
        Item 2
        Customers complain because registration must be added as a product to the shopping cart and is therefore subject to shipping charges and requests payment details. Several customers have requested a simple form to register.
        The shipping charges can be removed for the registration, by making the product weight 0kg (if you are shipping by weight) and adding a row in the shipping table which is £0.00 cost for 0kg. With the total cart value then at £0.00, no payment details will be necessary and the receipt page will be displayed after the checkout pages.
        Item 3
        I also get repeated requests for a fast order form, where customers simply enter the product codes they want and check out. Rather than searching.
        This can be done with a customised form and using the link to add a product to the cart from anywhere on the site (see here).

2 out of 3 aint bad

Ben
        Ben Popplestone
        Ecommerce website software

Comment

Thanks Ben,

With regards to the fast order form, I have worked out how to do it from the link, however...

I have approximately 2,200 products and some have different components. I will have to use javascript to link the product code entered into the form to the section ID. Which script generates SID?

Regards

Richard

Comment

The section ID is assigned in the Actinic database when the section is created. You will find it within the 'nSectionID' field in the 'Catalog Section' table in the database.

Comment

Working...
            X