Multiple NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE

Act_ProductLine.html calls NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE.

I have set up a new Act_ProductLine_New.html template based upon the normal Act_ProductLine.html template but with a few changes in the layout but I want to call a different Product Price layout. In other words I want to call something like NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICENEW

Is this possible and if so how do I do it? How do I create a new NQV and call it to a template?
    Richard
    www.worldofenvelopes.com

You can create a CUSTOMVAR (let's call it MYNEWPRICE) - from Advanced | Custom Properties and insert it into a template using CUSTOMVAR:MYNEWPRICE
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill.

I've used quite a lot of CUSTOMVARs before and please forgive my lack of the right language and understanding in this, maybe, but NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE seems to calls Act_ProductPrice.html, which in turn calls other NQV's

For example...
      NETQUOTEVAR:COST NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEPROMPT  NETQUOTEVARISCOUNT_QUANTITY NETQUOTEVAR:TAXMESSAGE

I want to include just some of those NQV's in one product template and tried using a CUSTOMVAR which pointed to a new html file but it doesn't seem to work.

For example, my new html included these NQV's...
      NETQUOTEVAR:COST NETQUOTEVARISCOUNT_QUANTITY

Am I doing something wrong?

Or maybe you can just tell me how to include the COST and DISCOUNT_QUANTITY items or NQV's in my new template?

Many thanks
      Richard
      www.worldofenvelopes.com

Comment

In V7 you can only create new CUSTOMVAR's e.g. containing atomic bits of data. You cannot create new NETQUOTEVAR's e.g. templates that call other files containing more NETQUOTEVAR's and CUSTOMVAR's.

Also in V7 many NETQUOTEVAR's only work within the Template in which they are intended to be used - e.g. COST and TAXMESSAGE probably only work within Act_ProductPrice.html.

Because of this you cannot directly do what you want.

However you could place your own CUSTOMVAR's into Act_ProductPrice.html e.g. instead of PRICEPROMPT or TAXMESSAGE.

BTW: In V8, you can do exactly what you want.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks ... very good thinking. I like your approach ! Tackle the problem from the other direction.

I think I can figure out what to do now, thanks Norman and Bill !
          Richard
          www.worldofenvelopes.com

Comment

sent you an email on a separate subject, Norman !
            Richard
            www.worldofenvelopes.com

Comment

Working...
            X