Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic with Vista Out of Memory

Hi
    I wonder if anyone can give me some advice - I am running Actinic 7.01 with Vista (I know why did I install Vista but it is too late now ).
    I keep getting an error message "Out of Memory" when trying to add items to the catalog.
    I have 2GB of memory which I am running on a VIAO Intel DuoCore 1.83 (T5600 CPU) Laptop. I am using about 43% of my physical memory.

Is there any advice or anything I can do.

I have also done all the normal things, compacted my database, restarted laptop, restarted actinic... waited overnight to see if would get better... lol.

Not sure whatelse I can do now other than to go and slap Bill across the face.

You could try to increase your virtual memory and see if that helps. We have v7.0.7 in beta at the moment and this version is Vista compatible. In the mean time if increasing the virtual memory has not helped, then turn off a Vista feature called User Account Protection.

To turn it off you have to start System Configuration (msconfig.exe) and launch 'Disable UAP' on the tools tab, then restart Vista.

These links could help too
    http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=27864

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Not sure why you would want to slap me.

Version 7.0.7 is in beta testing at the moment. This is specifically designed to work with Vista. You could contact support and offer to join the beta testing.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bruce
        Thanks for the reply - I am already running Vista in the Windows XP mode for compatabilty with Actinic, it was the first thing I did. I have looked at my virtual memory and reconfigured. I have restarted the laptop and still the same error message.
        Am I able to trial the beta version?

Bill - thanks for the advice - of course I do not want to slap you... the guy in question lives in America.

Comment

Download the beta version onto a different PC and try it out, leaving your main site well alone until you are happy.

Comment

Working...
          X