Error with oldprod.fil, oldtext.fil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error with oldprod.fil, oldtext.fil

Every time I download any orders or upload - refresh / update my site, I get an error message saying that some of my files (in particular oldprod.fil and oldtext.fil) are different from the versions I'm currently using and they will be refreshed.

Actinic support members told me to just ftp in to the catalog directory and delete the relevant files and then re-upload.
    I did this but I am still receiving these error messages......

Any ideas what could be causing this and how to rectify the problem?

Hi Peter

I would suggest deleting all *.fil files in the local site directory (Actinic ecommerce v5\Sites\[your site]\) and then refreshing the site (Web | Refresh Web Site). The *.fil files will be regenerated during the upload process and will overwrite those on the web.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Hi Ben,

I deleted all the .fil files from my catalog directory.

But immediately afterwards Actinic said exactly the same error message when I did a Site Refresh.

Comment

Peter

Try copying all the *.pl and *.pm files from your 'Actinic Ecommerce v5\Original' directory on your PC to your 'Sites\Site1' (or equivalent) directory and then try the refresh again.

Comment

What are the oldtext.fil and oldprod.fil files for ?
          http://www.irwebonline.com

Comment

Let's say you add a product and update the website. There is new text to add to the search index files (the product name and description). Actinic generates files called 'newtext.fil' and 'newprod.fil', which contain the new data, and uploads them to the site.

These are then merged in with the 'fulltext.fil' and 'fullprod.fil' on the website in order to update the complete search index file. Before this merging happens though, the perl scripts back up the two current complete files - renaming them as 'oldtext.fil' and 'oldprod.fil'.

Comment

Working...
            X