address rejected: Relay access denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

address rejected: Relay access denied

I have been unsucessful in all my dealings with actinic so far after 4 weeks of spending my evening banging my head against a brick wall.

My most recent problem is SMTP mail error:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mail server messages:

220 smithers.nildram.co.uk ESMTP Postfix

Hostname "z1lnx003.web.vi.net"
    250 smithers.nildram.co.uk

250 Ok

554 <sales@mobileimports.com>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied

Failed 4 554 <sales@mobileimports.com>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone help me with this??

There are multiple other problems but I think ill start another post for each.

Thanks!

have you tried placing "localhost" without the quotes in your smtp option of the software.

Comment

Yes ive tried this and im totally sure that I have the correct STMP server for my ADSL provider as I have phoned them to confirm and used their IP address as well as the 2 different STMP server they have.

I get exactly the same error whatever. I can change my email address and it comes back the same with the new address...

Comment

Using your ADSL providers SMTP server should work whilst you are connected and using that link, i.e. you are authenticated with the ADLS's SMTP server, but that will not link your hosting server with the ADSL smtp server.

Maybe you might want to see if you host will supply the SMTP or if your ADLS provider will accept email relaying from your hosts IP (which is unlikely).

localhost normally does the trick thou.

As an alternative there is a custom code trick you can do, you will need to search the archives on it thou. look for sendmail within the community should bring this up for you.

Comment

Norman's fix to use sendmail rather than SMTP is attached to this message.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X