Exporting data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting data

Hi - so all i want to do [in ver 6] is export a spreadsheet with all the products from our shop in one column and the amount of each sold in another column. i'm sure it's not hard, but everything i try seems flawed. if i select all the orders and export to a file, i'm told 'you've selected too many orders', if i use the sales report, it seems to come up with a random result each time and doesn't include products that haven't sold (which i need to see) etc etc

help!

thanks - Nick Allen

Hi Nick
    The easiest way to do this, assuming you have Access, is to do a query on the orders table of the Access database
    Howard

Comment

thanks Howard, and sorry for being so dim, but what's access? is it an application? i'm a mac user - this site is my first venture into pc land!

Comment

Actinic data is held in a database on your PC. The database can be opened using Access (a part of the Microsoft Office Suite).

Howard is suggesting you use Access to extract the data you require by creating a "query".

Comment

well, you learn something new every day. thanks folks, i'll have a go at that.

Comment

You can also do this with our One Stop Order Processing plugin, it allows you to create views on your order data (including or not including product details), then if you right click on a numeric column it will total it for you and display the result.

You can then export this to a file, choosing whether or not to add totals to the file.

You can find more details and a free trial here :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/One...rocessing.html

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

thanks anyway people

tried the Access thing but couldn't get my head around it - don't know where the relavent figures are, or what there relationships are to each other.

so there's no way of doing this from within actinic?! surely one of the most basic things retailers want to know is what's selling and what's not...?

Comment

You can use the sales analysis report to find out this sort of information.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Not sure what is available in V6, it's very old now, however you can run an inbuilt report on V8 showing your best sellers. Maybe it's time to upgrade, if Jan's offering and using Access doesn't interest you.

V8 also gives you a report option to extract your orders to csv or alike, you can then use excel to your liking.

Comment

The export facilities are much the same in V6 and V8, as are the sales analysis reporting.

Regards,

Comment

So it does offer what he wants, he just hasn't found it within the software yet?

Comment

Possiibly but it doesn't format it as he wanted it, he could take the orderlines file, strip out all of the adjustments, options etc and then use excel or similar to get what he needs though.

Regards,

Comment

no no no! using access does interest me, but i think it's going to be a steep learning curve.

all i want is a list of products and how many units they've sold including items that have sold 0 in a spreadsheet. sales analysis doesn't include 'no-sale' products, and only allows me to print the results.

Comment

yes yes yes, no need for Access, can be done with Excel as you wish.

Master spreadsheet of all your products, do a vlookup on the exported orders spreadsheet, which will fill in the number of orders received. You then end up with a spreadsheet with everything as you want it.

Comment

how does one create a master spreadsheet though!!!!

sorry about this - i'm not stupid*, honest, but this really isn't my department!

*well, i don't think i am

Comment

Working...
                              X