Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic 7 DB Problem!

ADO Error!

I am developing an inhouse Application that check actinics orders again Mail Order Manager to make sure that the orders have been imported in to MOM form Actinic, the problem I am getting is that when I try to connecto the Actenic DB when some one else in the office has it open I keep getting the following!

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not use '(unknown)'; file already in use.

We have a number of diffrent sites, and all the DB that are DAO (Access 97) I can link to or open direct when some one else has them open but the ADO (Access 2K and above) I get the following error when I try to open direct or link to the DB file.

Is this a permitions problem with the PC or is it the fact that ADO will not allow two people to have the same database open at the same time....

Help!

I normal avalid ADO in preferance for DAO but looks like I am going to start having to use ADO!

thanks
    Darren

If it help here the code I am using to connect to the database!

strcom = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & st_dbpath & "ActinicCatalog.mdb;Exclusive=No;"
    adb.ConnectionString = strcom
    adb.Open

I have check the permitions on the folder and I have read / write access so why it is still erroring!

Error message is!

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not use '(unknown)'; file already in use.

Dose Actinic open the DB exclusive?

Comment

It ok I have fixed the problem, it was the permitions on the NTFS volumes on 2 PC that are used to download orders for the sites we have!

Comment

Working...
      X