Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Importing snapshot - what happens to email templates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing snapshot - what happens to email templates?

At the moment I have 2 machines in different premises, one used for orders and one for creating the site (v7).

I need to update the "orders machine" with new products. I am going to import the new site snapshot, making sure that I don't overwrite the orders database. But what happens to various "tweaks" that have happened along the way? For example, the "orders machine" has some email templates that are not on the other machine. Presumably when the snapshot is imported those email templates will be lost...

Is there any way round this other than recreating the templates on the first machine before exporting? And is there a better way of managing this sort of situation in the first place?

Thanks as always

Jo

A snapshot should include everything on your site. If it doesn't it will warn you (often when files are located outside of the site1 folder). Snapshot both PC's and then try it, you can always revert if it fails, however it's 99.99% sure that it won't.

Comment

Jo,

You can use copy and paste to get the text of your current emails saved in text files outside your actinic site (My Documents or Desktop) and then copy and paste them back into the email templates after the snapshot.

The same technique could be used to synchronise the copies on the other machine, and is probably a good idea in the longer term.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks very much to both of you

Jo

Comment

Working...