Upload error: Possible Proxy problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload error: Possible Proxy problem?

Been working around this problem for a while now and finally want to sort it out as it appears to be a more general problem with the PC as it effects other applications. I have also had a connection problem with Itunes in as far as I am completely unable to connect to the Itunes store. Browsing the internet doesn't offer any real solution so I am seeking your expert help people.

When I have Windows Firewall on I get the following error when trying to upload from Actinic:

"An error occurred when trying to connect to the server. This can happen when Windows is confused about proxy settings. If you have Internet Explorer or another application configured to work with a proxy, the settings should be the same for Actinic Ecommerce. Please check your connection first."

If I turn Windows Firewall off Actinic will upload fine. The network test also works fine with the Firewal turned off but not when on.

I use a laptop which connects to the internet via a Belkin wireless router/modem. I had Norton Antivirus etc on the PC but removed it a while back however I think there are still some elements of it lerking in the background and I wouldn't be surprised if this is somehow behind it.

Whilst turnning the firewall off works for Actinic it doesn't work for other applications (i.e. itunes Store).

Any ideas?

Jon
    www.beatwear.co.uk

www.solelyshoes.com

Hi Jon,

If I turn Windows Firewall off Actinic will upload fine.
    Have you added Actinic to the 'Exceptions' list of the Windows Firewall?
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Yeap, done that but still no joy. I've tried 'fiddling' around with the settings within Windows Firewall but to be honest I don't really know what I'm doing with them other than a trial and error process of elimination.

Any other ideas?

J
      www.beatwear.co.uk

www.solelyshoes.com

Comment

OK, as I've also been having problems signing into Messenger I have run the troubleshooting tool and it fails on the 'Key Ports' part of the system check.

Help!

J
        www.beatwear.co.uk

www.solelyshoes.com

Comment

Belkin wireless router/modem
          Try bypassing the Belkin - it has a built in firwall that may be on.

Comment

I've always been able to connect through the router before and nothing has changed on that in terms of the settings, either way how could that explain that it works when I disable Windows Firewall on the laptop?

Confused now!!

J
            www.beatwear.co.uk

www.solelyshoes.com

Comment

Hi Jon,

It could be that the two firewalls are conflicting against each other in some way. It may be a good idea to bypass the belkin router to see if it would work with the windows firewall turned on or not. If it still doesn't work with the windows firewall turned on then you know it is that causing the problem.
              Tracey
              SellerDeck

Comment

Sorted this out after a long day sat down with the Laptop and a large amount of persistence.

About four Months or more I decided to uninstall Norton from the PC as the sunscription had run out and I had decided to replace it with something else. I uninstalled it but during that process an error occured and obviously some elements of Norton had been left on the PC. It would appear that some components of the firewall may have been still working and blocking the ports that allow various programmes to operate correctly. I have now deleted all remaining bits of Norton from both the directory locations and registry enteries and everything now works fine.

Took a while to work it all out but got there in the end.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Jon
                www.beatwear.co.uk

www.solelyshoes.com

Comment

Working...
                X