Prices listed for non registered customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prices listed for non registered customers

I am using customer accounts on my site.. however I want non registered users to browse the products but not see any prices which works fine until they do a search and the list of products comes up with the prices....

The answer I found while searching was the request login at shop entry but I do not want this as then they cannot see what products are available?

Also I have notice when my users login sometimes they are redirect to the main page but sometimes they are redirected to the search page? When viewing the login page it appears the redirect is to acatalog so where is it picking up this search page link?

Any ideas..
    Thanks.

I am using customer accounts on my site.. however I want non registered users to browse the products but not see any prices which works fine until they do a search and the list of products comes up with the prices....
    This seems to happen when we've set up a site for registered customers only - we find that anyone can do a search and results appear (including prices) without ever logging in.

Is there a fix for this?

(For us the temporary solution is to remove the search field)

Thanks.
    Tak.
    [Just noticed, this is a v7 Support thread, we're on v8.5]

Comment

So are you saying to remove the search altogether? But I want my customers to be able to search.. Surely there is some other way...

Comment

We're currently only allowing registered customers, so our "temporary" solution is to remove it as our site is pretty much categorised - using Actinic's "duplicated items" in different sections so the search is something we can remove for the time being.

I agree with you, there must be another way!

Having non-registered customers seeing our items AND prices via Search is a bug to us, and needs to be fixed!

Just looking at the Actinic Interface, there is: Settings > Search Settings
        I cannot see any settings which relate to registered & non-registered customers.

Comment

Thanks for that - does anyone know any solution for this problem?

Comment

Just to let you know this issue is logged on a 'wish list' for a later version - it is not available in version 8 either..

Comment

Working...
            X