Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Product, Two Sizes, Two Product Codes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Product, Two Sizes, Two Product Codes?

Hi

I think I already know the answer your going to give but....

We have a product that comes in two different sizes. The sizes are different prices.

The problem is that because there are two sizes it actually means there are two products with differing product codes. e.g.

Monitor riser block 1" - code 6000
    Monitor riser block 1" - code 6001

Now I set up actinic to use one product with two different sizes and prices - works fine - but on the invoice there is one product code. I have set up 600x.

Is it possible to attach another product code to the other size?

I don't really want to split every product up into seperate sizes as it looks messy and one product has many sizes and colurs which means a whole browser page of the same product rather than just a small section.

?????

You need to create a product for every actual product, so that means one for each size in this case, mark these products as hidden and then link your components to them. This has no impact on the your website looks but will give you the unique information that you need on the invoice.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Okay started doing that, do i have one product that can be seen on the website which links to the other hidden ones?
      how do i get the user to pick the paticular product and components if they can't be seen?

Thanks

Comment

You need to set up components for your products, then you can define permutations for these and link the individual permutaiton (think of it as a valid combination of choices) to the hidden products. You will also see options to use the hidden product name and price and you can 'switch off' the main product by ticking 'No product for main order line' on the main product details on the component tab - note that you must set the pricing model to 'sum of component prices' to do this.

There is a good example of how to do this in the Actinic help.

It is possible that you have set up attributes and choices for your sizes, if you have you will have to delete them before you can create a component. The easiest way to do this is to 'cut' the attributes (select them all if there is more than one), they will then dissapear, add a compoent and 'paste' the attributes back in.

Give me a call if you like if this is still confusing.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Actually a simpler way of doing this might be to just type the product code in the attribute name (the actual title rather then the HTMl name) this will then be shown on the reports etc.

Regards,

Comment

Jan

I setup a new product, then I set up a component which had an attribute the choices were 1inch blocks and 2 inch blocks. This allowed me to add to the component different permutations using existing hidden products.

If however i add more than one attribute the component doesn't allow me to choose the products any more - strange?

i want to choose a size and a colour, is that possible using 1 product and several hidden products?

Comment

If however i add more than one attribute the component doesn't allow me to choose the products any more - strange?

i want to choose a size and a colour, is that possible using 1 product and several hidden products?
              Absolutely. After you add a new attribute, try removing all your existing permutations rows and then click 'Fill List' again. You can link each combination of choices to a different hidden product.

Comment

Spoken to Jan on the phone and she talked me through. I had actually got most of the setup right but the product dropdown list in the component wasn't there until i started dragging the headings around.

Big thanks as always to the forum and especially Jan!

Comment

Working...
                X