Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automating import

Dear All,

Looked through the archives but couldn't find anything, so here goes .... we are currently getting ready to go live on our new company website and I am now looking at automating certain tasks.

Our Product data is driven by a flat ascii text file ( exported from our business systems ) which is manually imported every 3 months or so which I think will be ok to manually do via File & Import.

However our customers ( which comes from a hierarchical ascii file ) needs importing at least every week. Does anyone know of an easy automatic way to do this? I know actinic has switches which can drive downloading orders & uploaded the catalog but I can't find any more advanced switches.

( FYI only pre-registered customers with a username and password we have allocated and issued to them can place orders on our website.)

Any thoughts greatly appreciated,

Lee Daniels

Hi Lee

There isn't a command line parameter for importing files into Actinic. There may be a way to automatically import directly into the database, but it would be unsupported by Actinic and there wouldn't be a method to catch the errors.

There have been a few requests for additional command line parameters recently. I'll include this one with them on the wishlist.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Hi
      Has any progress been made at adding command line switches to automate:
      > delete/purging of catalog?
      > importing of catalog?
      > Refreshing web site?

None of those seems that hard to implement as the "real" functionality to do the above is already working?

Cheers

C

Comment

If these are going to included, they will not appear until v7. This is because we do not want to add new functionality to the current software in order to not run the risk of accidentally introducing any new problems.

v7 is due to appear Q1 next year.

Comment

If you have business, there is already an option to refresh your web site. If you have catalog I sell a product that will automatically refresh your web site, see http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Actinic_Moles.html for more details and a free trial.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
          X