Orders not downloading..kinda urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orders not downloading..kinda urgent

I apologise if this has been covered before. I thought it had but didn't find it on a search.

I have had an order come in but it didn't download into Actinic (I know what the order was because I received a copy order email)

A second order came in with no "catalog order received" email preceding it. Presumably because it "knows" that there hasn't been a download since the previous one (not worded well but I'm sure you all know what I mean)

My questions are
    1) how come these orders will not download? They won't download at ALL. The downloader is saying "no orders to retrieve" and they are not in my psp pending tab. They're still "up there"

2) How can I "fix" it? Because it's becoming apparent now that NO orders will download until I do.

There some file on the website that I can ftp and purge, isn't there? I vaguely recall! I just don't know what it is.
    And, presumably, I will lose those "stuck" orders too? (thank goodness for copy customer emails!)

Advice greatly appreciated
    Thanks!
    Tracey

ok...not to worry..for some reason ALL my orders are now downloading in one batch...having been telling me all morning that there weren't any!

Very odd!
    Tracey

Comment

This happened to me on one occasion before and I re-booted Actinic and it solved .. may have been a lucky coincidence though

If it happens again FTP to the site and look for the .ORD files ... these are the orders ... copy to a safe place before doing anything like purging and refreshing the site.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

where are the .ord files stored? I can't find them, even when I did a test order and looked before I downloaded it...
        John

Comment

Originally posted by jxm28788
          where are the .ord files stored? I can't find them, even when I did a test order and looked before I downloaded it...
          This will be in your ftp settings.

You can access these in internet explorer.

You will need your user name and password.

Comment

You mean ftp to the site? I already did that. they're not there, unless they're hidden in a directory or something.
            John

Comment

Originally posted by jxm28788
              they're not there, unless they're hidden in a directory or something.
              They are only there if you have an actual order pending download into Actinic

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Problem solved, host is moving servers without telling us - .ord files will be on the 'other' server, depending on which one DNS is pointing me at right now.
                John

Comment

Working...
                X