Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merchant Account Gateway API

Hello,

I am trying to find out if anyone has tried to create an API for their checkout so that their customer does not leave the site when entering their credit/debit card info.

We use Secure Hosting as a PSP and they have an XML based API but i wasn't sure if Actinic's checkout is flexible enough to allow me to set it up.

I had a quick chat with Secure Hosting and they said it probably wouldn't be possible to set up as i would need an Actinic Development kit (don't know what this is). I'm really just looking for someone to tell me if its even worth looking into.
    Regards,

Guy

Actinic PSP interface development kit was £1000.00 - call sales if you want one.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi,

We have decided to look futher into the above problem. Therefore we are wondering if any developers who would be able to design a solution to the above scenario could contact me via the below e-mail:

zenadraz@gmail.com

Just to confirm we require a developer to redesign our credit card checkout so that the customer does not leave our website. This would be done via an XML API which is supplied by our PSP Secure Hosting. This needs to then intergrate with our existing Actinic checkout and essentially function exactly like our existing order payment pages work at the moment just without going to secure hostings site.

If anyone can help please e-mail me with the details of what you can do along with a quote if possible for carrying out the work.
      Regards,

Guy

Comment

What are you reasons for wanting to keep people on your own site?

If you use SSL (without PSP) you achieve this.

The reason for asking is some shoppers will only buy if your site uses a PSP. A PSP ensures total security for a shopper, as all CC data is held by the PSP within a secured environment, and not the shop.

I rarely if never buy from an unknown shop if they use SSL only ( your proposed solution would make it look to me that you were handling all processing), as I often wonder if my CC data is downloaded and held unencrypted on an unsecured PC or laptop.

Thus my puchasing critera is well known site SSL is OK, small shop got to be PSP.

Comment

To be honest most of our customers would not have a clue if they were on a PSP's site or not as they wouldn't even know what that was.

Currently they go to https://www.secure-server-hosting.com but they would only know this if they looked at the URL as the template is exactly the same as the main site, and the idea that our customers would rather see this than https://secure.oursite.co.uk i don't think is true.

We won't be holding their details infact the idea is that the process on our side is exactly the same. The checkout would be quicker for our customer as it would remove the redirection page.

By installing this system we would then have a fully secured back end to the site and then if our PSP has uptime problems we can quickly switch to the grab their card info for later processing without the customer noticing and then we don't lose their order because our PSP's routers have collapsed...

Cheers for your feedback but i think this solution gives us better redundancy and a more professional looking checkout.
          Regards,

Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Guy C
            We won't be holding their details
            Originally posted by Guy C
            we can quickly switch to the grab their card info for later processing
            These sort of contradict each other don't they?

As customers become more educated as a direct result of online fraud, they will indeed come to expect a professional paid PSP service, and there is little doubt with the current move to 3D Secure and Verified by Visa, that all major banks and Credit Card providers agree with that evaluation.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

We would still fully support verified by visa and 3d secure because everything is run through a PSP....

Also 99% of the time the site would be run through a PSP its only if they go down that we would need to grab the customers details ourselves for later processing. Like i said before it provides us with more fall back options if things go wrong, which they do, and these problems can cost us alot so we are trying to weigh up our options and see if this is a cost effective solution.

Thanks for all the thoughts but I am really just looking for a company or designer who would be able to carry out this sort of work.
              Regards,

Guy

Comment

Working...
              X