Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant upload from Actinic or ftp to server

Hi guys,

I dont seem to be able to upload our site from within Actinic or ftp to our site on the server using FTP surfer. I can download ok from within Actinic.

I have dissabled the McAfee firewall and have checked that the windows firewall is also off (this is always of but checked it anyway) but I still cant upload or ftp.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

thanks for the help,

Graham

What error messages do you get?

Out of interest, I upload without any issues with my firewall, (McAfee) ON?

S.
    esafetysigns.co.uk
    your instant download portal for self printable health and safety signs and posters
    ... download once use as many times as you like !

http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/index.html
    http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

Comment

If this something recently changed then it's either your PC or your server.
      If you can check if it's possible to FTP to the site from another PC then that'll eliminate one of the two.

Comment

I have just tried to upload the site and it has worked. I havnt changed anything

Any ideas what may cause ftp to not work - I am glad it is working but I dont like not knowing what the problem was if it happens again

Thanks for the replies anyway

Comment

Any ideas what may cause ftp to not work - I am glad it is working but I dont like not knowing what the problem was if it happens again
          Between you and your server are any number of potential problems over which you have no control eg BT working on the line, exchange problems etc etc. You can loose hair rapidly worrying about them all.

Comment

I guess I should be happy that it is working again

Comment

Working...
            X