Invalid Argument during Snapshot Export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invalid Argument during Snapshot Export

Hi, Vey new to Actinic and having a problem with first Snapshot Export.

I have imported the site via a snapshot, changed and uploaded site OK and can back up database, however as soon as I try to export site via a snapshot
    I receive an Invalid Argument Error.

When I ok the error the site upload stops (although it looks as if it is still transferring files) and the back up file created is empty.

Two questions,

1. How can I stop this?

2. Is there another way I can get the files onto another PC without a snapshot export? I do have another FTP software can I simply dowload all files into Site 1?

regards

Tony

2. The snapshot is a compressed file of the contents of your site folder and all its subfolders. You can copy the entire site folder, and overwrite any existing folder of the same name on the destination PC.

1. Are you trying to save the snapshot directly to your web address? You would normally select a location on your computer (perhaps in My Documents) or a shared network folder.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

If you do a search there are a few threads on the subject which may help.

Comment

Snapshot Error

Bill,

Thanks, I have tried saving to both my pc and a CDRW but to no use. I have 2 sites and it happens with both. I will try downloading the files via FTP to my other PC.

Kind regards

Tony

Comment

Tony,

Are you getting this error when you upload the site or when you are making a snapshot? What files are you trying to download to your 'Site1' folder?

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X