Affiliate / referrer kind of question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Affiliate / referrer kind of question

Hi all, I know theres lot of posts on here about this stuff but I need to get something straight....

I built an designer clothes store for a client some time ago, and I have suggested to him that I could create a new site focusing just on one range of clothes rather than the ten he has. I have a copy of Actinic so I could create the new site / pages using this, or obviously i could hand code etc.

What I need to be able to do is :

a: Allow them to get the order and therefore update their stock
    b: Use their payment system

Then all they need to do is create a referrer report at the end of the month, see how much trade I gave them and give me the percentage....obviously with me having tracking on the receipt page.

What I would like to do is keep the customer on my site until the cart process...so customer adds to cart, goes back shopping maybe then finally
    after they are all done choosing the 'Checkout button' takes then to the clients site for all the nitty gritty. Is this possible, if not do I have to use the 'Add to Cart from anywhere' feature or is there something else I could do?

Thanks so much
    Web design Bradford

Darren,

The way Actinic works on the split level is that the store is uploaded from one end, yours, the client on the other hand only downloads and processes orders. You will not be able to have them add something to cart on your shop and then go to another shop to process that order, you will have to use the 'Add to cart from anywhere on the internet' feature.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce, I think I may have to drop that idea and use the referrer script instead for which I have a question about...

Is it possible to alter the following line (as an example) to include the source of where the link (referrer) comes from, so I can direct customers direct to the product?

http://www.generateclothing.co.uk/cg...002A#aAJTS002A

heres what I have for the referrer script so far - but why doesn't it work? It brings a script error up.

http://www.generateclothing.co.uk/cg...%2facatalog%2f
      Last edited by DarrenSpink; 30-Mar-2007, 09:45 AM. Reason: extra info
      Web design Bradford

Comment

The URL is missing an & before 'BASEURL'. Try this link...
        Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

thanks again bruce, its it possible to do something like this? Where I point a customer to a item but still retail the referrer detail?

http://www.generateclothing.co.uk/cg...%2facatalog%2f
          Web design Bradford

Comment

You should be able to, check your link, it has the anchor appearing twice, the second instance is with the # sign that is breaking the URL.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X