Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login to password protected area

OK,

I've got a situation wherein a client has three clients of his own- each of his clients have specific products that he sells to them. Structurally, this is no problem- I'll simply create a product range per client and put products in it.

However, he doesn't want his clients to know each otehr exist. He's going to go for Actinic Busiess so I'll put each product range/client in their own 'special offers' area with their own login/password.

Problems are:

1) How to hide each client from the others in terms of not displaying product ranges on a main catalogue page like you would in an ordinary Actinic setup. Can I simply remove the main pages? if so, how?

2) He wants the login form to be on his home page (as oppose to actinics home page). This should be fairly easy right? Could someone tell me what I'd have to call teh two form fields and tell me the path and filename I'd be passing the vars to?

3) Any other thoughts you think might be relevant.
    --
    Kevin Leitch
    Web Designer
    http://www.cyber-media.co.uk

As far as the log in on the home page is concerned, this is easy. Simply copy and paste the information for the login form from login.html in the site1 folder.

You can remove the top level section names and lists by editting the templates, only problem is how do you get the right page to the right people?

I suggest that you set up three sections and call them something like Category A, Category B and Category C customers, then inform each of the customers which category they belong to.

Hope this helps.
    Rich.

Comment

Hi Kevin

1) How to hide each client from the others in terms of not displaying product ranges on a main catalogue page like you would in an ordinary Actinic setup. Can I simply remove the main pages? if so, how?
      If you use a different price schedule for each customer account, you can hide a lot of information and whole sections using the <Actinic:SHOWFORPRICESCHEDULE/> tag (see kb article).

2) He wants the login form to be on his home page (as oppose to actinics home page). This should be fairly easy right? Could someone tell me what I'd have to call teh two form fields and tell me the path and filename I'd be passing the vars to?
      Rich is right - you will need to copy the code from the login page and include referrer information if your page is outside the acatalog directory (see this thread).

Ben
      Ben Popplestone
      Ecommerce website software

Comment

Working...
      X