Sessions expiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sessions expiring

I am having a lot of problems this week with sessions expiring after 20 to 30 minutes and causing a general script error. This resolves itself if you delete the cookies on the browser or manually delete the session files on the website. You can not delete the session files from Actinic as they become locked.

My host have given me a different url to save the sessions to which has worked, however it is also saving my orders and payments server side and Actinic can not download them.

Is it possible within Actinic to determine where the orders and payments are saved to and then also to retrieve them from that folder within the site?

Or do I have to save the sessions in the acatalog folder and try to sort the cookie problem out?

This problem is about to enter its fourth day.

Many thanks
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

In actinic go to 'Web' > 'Configure expiry periods' and maybe try allowing a longer session time.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I had this set quite high anyway. I have set it to 1 hour and 24 hours but it doesn't make any difference.

In addition if I don't download orders within 20 minutes or so the order file locks and I have to manually change the permissions on the server before I can download it.

This has been going on since Monday and my host could not be any slower if they tried.
      Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

OK. thinking about this it sounds like a definite problem with the server. If actinic is being locked out of the session files then it will be unable to use them and the cookies will be of no use (as the cookie is what tells actinic what session file to use).

Moving the session files to another location is no use as actinic won't find them their.

I can't think of a workaround to this. Your host will need to fix the problem.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

All sorted now, although time will tell.

I will post the solution here for future reference for this problem.

Basically session files were timing out after about 30 minutes initially, changing to about 10 minutes in the last 24 hours causing a general script error (Permission Denied)

1) In my PHP settings I set up a "session.save_path" to a new folder
          2) In cart options in network settings I changed the locked and unlocked settings to 0777
          3) I changed the "path to cart" name to the new folder "../newfoldername/"

This has now been working for 24 hours with no problems. I will continue to test overnight.
          Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
          Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Working...
          X