Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing components from the cart?

Hi,

Products sold on our web site by their nature are sometimes made up of quite a few components. At the moment, my site is frustrating for customers as they are not able to remove individual aspects of their order from our shopping cart but instead have to remove the order as a whole and start all over again. Our order process is quite complicated and so starting over is frustrating to say the least. I can't imagine that Actinic can't achieve this but think it more likely that I just haven't discovered how to do it. So, if anyone knows how, I'd really appreciate your help.

Thank you very much,

Kind regards,

Ian
    www.glasses2you.co.uk

Because you use components to change the prices then they are added to the main item. To separate out each item you would need to set up them as separate products so they would show in the cart as a separate product which could then be removed or edited individually.

Comment

Bummer! Thanks for the info Malcolm.

I'm gutted. Having to change them to products would change the whole way the site is laid out and would take for ever to do now. I'm shocked that this isn't a standard feature.

If there are any companies out there who can create a way of achieving this then please email me with a quote as we would be interested in getting this done. Please email ian@glasses2you.co.uk.

Thanks a lot

Comment

I'm shocked that this isn't a standard feature.
        There may be other ways of doing it but that is what I would do - Also having separate products would break the link between the base product and the options eg tint so if a customer ordered several different pairs of glasses with different tints etc then it would be very difficult to sort out.

Pop along to the drillpine website and see what norm has - i seem to remember a matrix sytem which he may be able to adapt for you.

Comment

Thanks for your help on this Malcolm. I'll go and see what Norm's up to then. Cheers, Ian

Comment

Working...
          X