Recovering my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recovering my site

I recently had to do a drive recovery, and then had to reinstall all programs, I reinstalled Actinic V7 which promptly put my existing site details into another folder. I added the patches and then copied the contents of the site 1, and pasted them into the new 'site folder' created by Actinic. But keep getting the message

'Unable to locate the database for the selected site. The site will remain unchanged'

I would appreciate any help or advice on this it is driving me madddddd. the database was also copied to the new folder.

Thanking you in advance.......................Series

Have you tried importing the site via the snapshot procedure? This is the best way to ensure everything is OK.

Not sure what you mean by Actinic putting the site in a different folder?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

ok what I have done now is to completely delete all copies of Actinic and reinstall, I copied the 'old site folder' and it is sitting on my desktop. What do I do now.

Comment

1. Are you running Mutlisite? If so then create a site of the same name and then copy over the old site folder.
        2. Do you have any old snapshots of the site? Is so then import that first then copy over the old site folder.

If you don't have Multisite nor an old snapshot then I think you should contact Actinic for some help.

Comment

no I dont have a site snapshot but I do a automatic backup on shut down, through Actinic. If I reinstall Actinic it creates a brand new folder for a new site, how do I get it to accept the old site folder?

Comment

Move the contents of the old folder into the new folder

take backups first

Comment

ok guys everything is working now as normal, my apologies for not getting back sooner, and saying thank you. Once I had copied over the old site folder and then renamed it, Atinic then loaded it and once I had done a upload which took hours, everything worked fine.............

Comment

Working...
              X