Digital downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital downloads

I will be selling a digital product soon. I'm doing some testing now. Is there anyway to prevent the download link from being sent to the customer if they have not yet paid for the order? I have two situations where this will occur: Some customers pay with PayPal sourced from the checking account. For these payments, it takes days or more for us to receive the payment. I don't want to give them the digital product until their check has cleared, so to speak. The other situation is money orders. We accept money orders, but only about 20% of these actually ever get paid. I don't want to send the digital product for these until we have the money order in hand.

I'm already using customer accounts for a loyalty program (discount based on volume of business), so using another account for this won't work, since I don't think a customer can be in more then one group.
    Last edited by pharry; 01-Apr-2007, 07:37 PM. Reason: more descriptive of problem
    -------

Pat

People tend to expect digital downloads to be shipped as soon as they hit the pay button - introducing a delay may really annoy some users and you really should advise of this before they buy (assuming they then still wish to buy)

Look under : View | Business Settings | Ordering | Digital Download > "Auto ship Digital Download Products" and untick.

I don't use this facility so maybe someone who does could confirm this will work?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I think all that does is mark the item as shipped in Actinic. I don't think it prevents the download link from displaying.

I agree - if customers purchase, they want the link right then. But I don't want to give the link to people who tell me they will mail a money order. Maybe it's time to disable money order as a payment option. Not many follow through, but I may tick off the few that do.
      -------

Pat

Comment

Pat,

There is a workaround to restrict Digital download products to a single payment method...

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ed=1#post85516

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Digital Download and multiple Payment Providers

Hi Pat,

I was reading this thread on introducing Digital Products, and delaying "Auto-ship", and i have a partially related problem and may be able to offer some advice and get some at the same time?

All my products are DD (PDF's), and I use HSBC only as they feedback to Actinic immediately and my products ONLY send if HSBC tells me payment is OK - in fairness this has been rock solid since day 1.

However I am finding that only having a single payment provider is limiting sales, and I was looking at Pay Pal, or similar "Express Checkout" type provider?

When I tested Pay Pal it simply does not work for DD and i have to manually send products, even though Pay Pal feeds back to me same day?

I am seeking technical support from Pay Pal but was wondering if you had any further info on it or an equivalet provider that does work with DD, or alternatively had success with the workaround.

Thanks, Simon.
          (P.S. If you have any questions on DD, ask away i have been running for about 3 years now and apart from Google eating my profits, i am still afloat).
          esafetysigns.co.uk
          your instant download portal for self printable health and safety signs and posters
          ... download once use as many times as you like !

http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/index.html
          http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

Comment

Hi Simon,
            I have a customer who is offering PDF Downloads via Paypal and is experiencing the same issues as you describe. Did paypal ever get back to you regardig this matter, with a work round?

Regards.
            Regards.

Lee Jackson
            Creative Director

Centurius Design & Marketing
            Centurius Website
            Portfolio of Work

Comment

Working...
            X