Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Section Drop down box

Hi

I think I read somebody doing this somewhere as a plugin but can't seem to find this anywhere.

I am looking to have a drop down box for product categories where by if any of the sub product drop down boxes are changed it will auto change the catalogue page displayed.

Not easy to put down in words so I'll give you example -

We sell electrical accessories, and have approx 8 different product finishes, within those 8 product finishes all of the products are pretty much identical, so you have a sub category for black or white inserts, then a sub category for the accessory type.

What I want to be able to do is have the 1st drop down box describing the finish, so there would be 8 options. Then the next drop down box selecting the insert colour, so there would be 2 options, then the next box selecting the product type, so there would be 5 options.

I would like it so that if the customer changed box 1 it would keep the data in box 2 and 3 and simply change the products listed. Or if they changed box 2 it would change the insert colour etc etc.

I know the easiest way is to have attributes, however there are too many and the catalogue pages end up looking untidy, and worse of all it confuses the customer and they end up ordering the wrong thing!

I hope this makes some sort of sense.

Thanks

Steven Matthews
    http://www.wallplates.co.uk

Steven,

The way to go with this would be to use the Advanced Users Guide method of laying out product variants, page 14 'Changing the Way Product Variants are Laid Out'. This will give you more control over where and how the attributes and choices appear. As for the color changes etc, I think it was Norman at www.drillpine.biz that was working on or had something like this.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X